Skill: • Ensure availability of systems and infrastructure by pro-active monitoring, maintenance and management.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
• Liaising with other technical teams to troubleshoot and resolve server related issues providing out of hours support as required
• Working to a high standard of service management, with an emphasis on customer service
• Working closely with peers and Field Office Infrastructure Director to improve support capability, suggesting and implementing new processes, technologies and tools.
• Documenting Windows environment (VeriFone server build standards, operations procedures)
• Project work for global IT-Infrastructure
• Guarantee IT-Security within the Corporate Standards
• LAN/Network monitoring
• 15-30% travel and a willingness to work a flexible schedule required
Experience: Technical Requirements / Knowledge
• Very good knowledge of Microsoft based IT-architectures (Active Directory 2012/2008, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy Mgt, MS System Centre Suite, File/print management, Certificate Authority)
• Very good knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (W8K W12K and Win7) and Microsoft SQL server
• Knowledge of Linux based systems would be an advantage but not required.
• Very good knowledge of Hypervisor technologies (VMware virtual environments with vSphere replication & MS HyperV)
• Good knowledge of IT Security technology (Firewalls, Antivirus, Encryption, Security-structures, Access-control and general Security Best Practices)
• Experience with larger environments and organizations > 50 remote offices
• At least 5 years working experience in a comparable job
• Fluent English Speaker
• Friendly nature and service-orientation
• Team Player but can also work in an independent and proactive manner.
• Engaged and dynamic
• Takes ownership of his/her working-area