Skill: Job description:
• Perform special projects as required.
• Assist with the preparation of the Annual Meeting materials and proxy statement, including the Annual Report, as requested.
• Facilitate continuous improvement processes for the preparation of financial statements and SEC filings.
• Review and understand all pertinent and current accounting literature related to financial disclosures and ensure compliance with them.
• Assist with various quarterly and annual ad hoc financial reports/financial data published by other departments (including Investor Relations and Corporate Relations) or posted to the VeriFone's web site.
• Interface with external auditors on quarterly reviews, annual audits and SOX 404 audits and supply them with required financial reports/schedules.
• Prepare and maintain supporting binder for all filings
• Ensure complete SEC disclosures (complete quarterly checklist)
• Ensure compliance with internal controls surrounding disclosures
• Drive the preparation and coordination of external financial reporting, including Form 10-K and 10-Qs, Form 8-Ks and other filings as necessary.
• A strong process improvement orientation is required
• Flexibility in adapting to a non-routine and fast paced environment.
• Clear and concise written skills.
• Attentive to details to ensure accurate financial reporting.
• Strong organizational and multitasking capabilities
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills to interact with all levels of an organization
• Excellent technical knowledge of financial statements and financial analysis techniques.
Education: • Familiarity with Oracle 11i accounting system is highly preferred
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
• Experience with recent SEC filings, including XBRL is required
• Experience in a global finance organization and a working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements is a plus.
• CPA (active or inactive) is required