Skill: The Sr. Automation Engineer will be responsible for developing applications to automate the execution of repetitive, labor-intensive, human-error prone processes and tasks that per Regulatory requirements cannot be manually executed by Network Operations Center personnel. This Engineer will be required to have a thorough understanding of Lottery, Gaming and iGaming product systems well as the processes and procedures followed by both internal and customer system users. This Engineer will develop new processes designed to increase efficiency, accuracy, meet all Regulatory requirements, and deliver customer required functionality aligned to contractual or Regulatory mandated timelines. This Engineer will be required to develop a strategy for the development, deployment, maintenance and support of all automation applications developed and will work with Global Technical Operations leadership to implement change management and 24 x 7 automation support processes. This Engineer will partner with Product Management, Software Development, Project Management, Sales, Compliance, Legal and Project Leaders to define needs, identify business requirements, create specifications and develop automation applications. This engineer must have the ability to influence and drive results in a highly collaborative environment.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop a strategy for the creation, implementation, support and maintenance of automation applications across the three business units within Scientific Games owned Network Operations Centers, colocation Data Centers and Customer sites.
• Gain a thorough understanding of each production system, application and the processes and procedures followed by internal and Customer users to identify opportunities for automation.
• Work with internal, Customer and Regulatory personnel to define needs, identify business requirements and determine the best way to meet the requirements through the use of automation.
• Identify the right tools and technology to use for the creation of automation applications that work across multiple system platforms, operating systems, and environments to deliver required functionality.
• Develop change management processes working with Implementation and Support groups to ensure timely and accurate update and patch release installation.
• Participate in the needs assessment / discovery phase of major production system installation projects to proactively identify automation needs and opportunities.
• Gain a thorough understanding of the Implementation and Support Engineering process and procedures to Identify opportunities where the use of automation can reduce operational cost, increase accuracy and efficiency across all three business units.
• Provide input to Product Management and Software Development to identify ways to incorporate automation within existing product updates and new products being developed.
• Partner with Project Management to develop project plans, including deliverables, scope, schedule and dependencies for each automation project, proactively identifying additional resource needs as required.
Experience: Required Experience:
• 5+ years of database management
• 3+ years of SQL, Access or other database architecture
• 5+ years of system installation, support and maintenance
• 5+ years of system development or equivalent using Java or similar
• 5+ years of process design and implementation
• 3 + years on-the-job scripting and operations
• 3+ years of development with at least three programming/scripting languages
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• SQL Scripting.
• Shell scripting. (awk, sed, and/or perl)
• Windows Batch Scripting.
• Windows Management Instrumentation.
• Hewlett-Packard Operations Orchestration.
• Microsoft Office applications
• Linux (Red Hat, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu)
• NoSQL Databases.
• Knowledge of best practices relating to data security.
• TCP/IP networking.
• Maintain expertise by participating in local trade association meetings, reading current journals, books, and magazine articles.
• Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as a team
Work Conditions: Ability to travel internationally and domestically.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is strongly desired