Education: Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
• Experience in professional event planning and/or meeting management. Certified Meeting Professional certification or other related certification is preferred.
• Interest in pursuing additional skills and professional development as recommended by the Executive Director.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Exceptional customer service skills with ability to cultivate professional business partnerships with key stakeholders within R&DE and across the campus.
• Highly motivated administrative professional who is a self-starter, resourceful and able to work independently with minimum supervision; and yet able to contribute positively in a team environment and work successfully with various diverse groups of internal and external customers.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate with discretion, diplomacy and tact. Listening: actively listen, demonstrate interest and understand the subtext. Speaking: ability to present verbal information clearly, articulately; in a way that engages the recipient. Business Writing: ability to compose written information in a clear, well-structured and grammatical manner. Facilitating & Conflict Management: ability to facilitate and resolve various levels of conflicts and reaching common ground between parties. Presentation skills: ability to prepare and deliver oral presentations to promote Stanford Conference Services to potential conference customers.
• Ability to maneuver through various political landscapes and must possess a competent level of political astuteness to accomplish business objectives, seamlessly and with professionalism.
• Ability to demonstrate a high level of confidence and comfort in making sound business decisions and as appropriate, demonstrate innovative and creative problem-solving.
• High level of resilience, flexibility and the ability to adjust to changes readily. Must be able to successfully overcome obstacles and problem solve. Must work effectively under all types of stress and pressure.
• Proficient organizational and time management skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple assignments, work under pressure and yet demonstrate positive results. Must be detailed-oriented and all work must be presented with accuracy.
• Proficiency with Microsoft applications and general database management. Experience with university conferencing software, such as Kinetic and/or Certain a plus. Ability to learn specialized software systems quickly.
• Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation, confidence, professional maturity, diplomacy with ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
• Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
• Strong organizational skills with excellent ability to plan and follow through on tasks with minimal supervision.
• Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
• Must be available to work with an extremely flexible schedule that may change on a week-to-week basis in support of business operations and/or the schedule for events and conferences, and/or to complete normal assigned duties by due dates. Work schedules will regularly include evening hours and weekends.
Top Core Competencies:
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION INTEGRITY
Active Listening Develops Trust & Credibility
Speaking Respectful & Business Courtesy
Business Writing Work Accuracy
Facilitation & Presentations
PROBLEM-SOLVING INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
Strategic & Critical Thinking Positive Influence
Conflict Facilitation and Management Developing Others
Innovation and Creativity Relationship Management
SELF MANAGEMENT MOTIVATION
Customer Excellence Initiative
Emotional Intelligence Customer Excellence