Skill: Big Data, Hadoop, Map reduce, Hive, Scala,Spark
Experience: • Develop web applications and tools for the effective management and operation of PayPal’s next generation big data platform
• Analyze, Engineer and improve stability, efficiency, and scalability of the platform
• Work closely with Architects, lead engineers and business on product design and features.
• Prototype ideas quickly using cutting edge technologies
• Experience with Unix/ Linux and shell scripting
• Experience of developing large distributed systems using core Java or Scala
• Experience in at least one scripting language such as Python or Ruby.
• Understanding and experience big data technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Storm will be a huge plus
• Knowledge and experience working with various data sources like web services (rest, soap), unstructured data files, flat files, message queues, xml based events, databases.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Motivated and interested delivering results, especially in the area of writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code.
• Ability to adapt to new development environments, changing business requirements and learning new systems highly desired.
• Experience with large distributed services is a plus as is building/operating highly available systems
• Good team player, able to effectively work across multiple teams on solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements in a fast-paced environment
Education: • Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent in computer science or related field with minimum of 2 years of directly related work experience.