Skill: As a Principal Engineer in company, you’ll have the opportunity to help define and implement components of our next-generation, Global e-Commerce Platform. This hands-on position, will be responsible to design, build, develop and implement the platform upon which the walmart.com, sams.com, ASDA, and other ecommerce brands will rest. In short, creating a massively scalable, high performance multi-tenant e-Commerce platform on a Java stack leveraging both commercial and Open Source software. The position will serve as a technical leader for the development teams working on aspects of this platform. Some of the key areas you will work in and contribute to will span across e-Commerce applications, Search, and Content, Item, Order and Inventory Management. Responsibilities also span into Integrations with Retail, Supply Chain, Fulfillment, and Warehouse Management System. A wide degree of creativity, flexibility, and efficiency is desired.
• Leads the discovery phase of large projects to develop high level design
• Provides hands on leadership for the design and development effort for large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects.
• Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues
• Mentors junior engineers through formal and informal discussions, code reviews, design reviews, and technical presentations.
Experience: • A Positive "can do" attitude with the ability to articulate thoughts and ideas and see them to fruition.
• Hands on, demonstrated experience in field with relevant accomplishments and competency
• 10+ years’ experience building scalable cloud applications
• 10+ years’ experience developing using Java EE technologies
• 8+ years’ experience writing multi-threaded high performance applications
• 5+ years’ experience developing service-oriented (SOA) and REST architectures
• 5+ years’ experience developing using NoSQL databases such as Cassandra or relational databases such as Oracle or MySQL
• 5+ years’ experience in messaging queue
• 5+ years’ experience in Unit-testing (Junit, TestNG, Jmock, MockIt, etc.)
• 4+ years’ experience in Source Control systems such as Git, ClearCase, CVS, Subversion
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.