Skill: We are looking for a Sr. NoSQL DBA. You will be a significant contributor and team player in driving technical vision and strategy for NoSQL data platforms supporting our marketplace and internal database needs.
The successful candidate will have deep technical expertise working with NoSQL technologies. In this role you will be expected to lead initiatives at a technical level laying strategic direction for all NoSQL platforms.
• Demonstrated expertiseinNoSQL databases including MongoDB, Couchbase, Cassandra, Hadoop and In-memory caches.
• Deep expertise in a Linux environment.
• Hands on Scripting, Database and Systems Skills.
• Has managed the full operational lifecycle of NoSQL databases including sizing, technology selection, deployment, monitoring & deocmissioning.
• Has conducted query performance tuning for at least one of MongoDB, Couchbase or Cassandra clusters.
• Has setup distributed database systems with varying degrees of consistency.
Experience: • Expertise in one of MongoDB, Couchbase or Cassandra.
• Expertise in JSON document modeling.
• Expertise in Linux System performance tuning.
• Expertise in Shell Scripting, preferably Python.
• Authorization Management in Mongo, Couchbase and Cassandra databases.
• Great problem solving skills are a must.
Education: • Be equally adept in traditional technologies such as Oracle & MySQL.
• Be fluent in Bash, Perl and/or Python script development.
• Be knowledgeable in Open Source technologies such as NoSQL, Kafka, Storm and theHadoop ecosystem.