Skill: Job description:
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with strong Java skills, and strong experience in managing Cloud-hosted solutions.
This position is part of a development team which makes highly visible contributions to the success of next generation products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop Java server applications using a variety of frameworks. Define and implementation of DB schemas, REST API interfaces.
• Manage and administer the deployment of the applications on Amazon Web Services cloud.
• Discuss with Product managers, UX designers to gather requirements, and arrive at creative solutions.
• Collaborate and work interactively with other team members to implement and test the end-to-end solution. Troubleshoot potential issues.
• Make active contributions to design, status and demo meetings, and present solutions objectively.
• Have a strong desire to learn new technologies.
Experience: • 5 years experience in Java server side development
• BSCS or relevant experience
• Strong skills in Core Java, J2EE, JDBC and Web Services
• Excellent understanding of REST interfaces, web application development and multi-tier architecture
• Solid Experience working with a Relational DB (preferably MySQL), and Web Application Servers (preferably Tomcat)
• Good working knowledge of Cloud hosted solutions, preferably Amazon Web Services. Good understanding of Docker and deployment on AWS services and tools (EC2, RDS, ELB, S3, CloudFront etc).
• Work interactively with other team members for the design and implementation of end-to-end solutions
• Strong desire to learn new technologies
Education: • Experience working with Identity Management, Federated Authentication, OAuth or Security solutions
• Work experience in an Agile environment
• Scripting experience (Shell, Perl etc)
• Experience working with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Hudson)