Skill: The Enterprise Architect is a leadership position responsible for managing Enterprise Solution Architecture including all aspects of Application, Business, Data and Technical Architecture across the company (including distributed, cloud and mobile besides some legacy applications & systems). Responsibilities include managing a group of Solution architects, leads and related development activities. This position also responsible for architecting, designing systems & applications that adhere to latest security standards.
• Define & maintain reference architecture across various platforms
• Lead, research, pilot upcoming technologies (including cloud & mobile adoption)
• Define solution architecture program for governing internal and external applications and services, define roadmap and oversee implementation.
• Define standards and guidelines for the various development teams that incorporate security as part of the development life cycle.
• Validate & certify applications for functional and non-functional requirements (including security)
• Secure application by defining and implementing internal/external security framework.
• Define Enterprise authentication framework and strategy for extending SSO using Open ID and other standards.
• Define application development standards with specific focus on security; Coach, mentor the development team on the concepts and help in implementation.
Experience: • Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field or comparable industry experience required.
• 15+ years of overall IT application & implementation experience.
• 7+ years of hands-on application development and implementation experience in IT with specific focus on developing web applications.
• Excellent communication skills with proven ability to interact and negotiate with upper management.
• Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
• Ability to mentor/guide development team.
• Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Ability to translate business needs into solution architecture requirements
• Ability to define multiple solution options to business problems
• Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
• Basic knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes