Skill: You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You have experience managing large websites or services within the context of a large scale web environment. You are able to execute and deliver projects in a high pressure environment, without sacrificing quality. You are able to show personal initiative in identifying what needs to be done.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Participating as a member of the Site Operations team responsible for management and operation of various platforms in San Jose.
• Building and scaling sites which provides 99.95% SLA. Identifying SPOF (Single Point of Failure) in the platform, addressing them.
• Building of automation tools/processes using multiple scripting languages.
• Working with the development teams in San Jose to guide architecture decisions based on intimate knowledge of the infrastructure.
• Ensuring 2nd and 3rd line support for production environment, including on-call
• Supportingdelivery of changes and deployments to production, QA and development environments.
• Building, maintaining, securing and upgrading our Linux systems (web servers, application servers & databases)
• Assessing systems utilization to assist in troubleshooting, performance tuning and capacity management.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in High-Volume Databases (MySQL), Systems (LINUX) and Networking technologies
• Fluent with monitoring systems such as Nagios/Graphite, etc.
• Excellent LINUX administration (Debian/Ubuntu) and Database (MySQL and NoSQL) skills
• Install, configure, performance tune applications with Java, Tomcat.
• Strong hands on experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
• Experience with source control tools like git.
• Strong understanding of networking fundamentals such as subnetting/VLANs, networking (5 or 7 layer OSI model), and DNS, HTTP, TCP/IP protocols.
• Scripting ability with BASH.
• Write, maintain and help enforce coding standards and best practices.
• Flexible, strongly adaptable, and able to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to peers and management.
• You want to automate everything!
• Strong puppet experience.
• You like working with Python (or Ruby)
• You have experience with SOLR/Elasticsearch, Mongo,Hadoop, or other Big Data tools
• You’ve used vagrant, docker, or other similar tools.
Experience: • 5+ years of hands-on experience in High-Volume Databases (MySQL), Systems (LINUX) and Networking technologies
• Excellent LINUX administration and Database (MySQL) skills
• Hands on Java and Apache optimization, performance tuning and configuration
• Understanding of DNS, NFS, TCP/IP and other protocols