Skill: Job description: Includes the following: (Other duties may be assigned.)
• Develop and maintain a secure and stable network infrastructure
• Test and evaluate network related systems and services to ensure maximum uptime
• Assists as necessary during any datacenter operations/projects
• Assist in maintenance and administration of the AHF WAN infrastructure
• Provide technical directive to various team members and departments
• Answers, evaluates and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail and in person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with network performance and security
• Handles problem recognition, research, isolation and follow-up for routine user problems, escalating more complex problems when necessary
• Logs and tracks calls through ticket management system, actively updating and maintaining their own personal queue
• Compiles regular network and security reports to present to the Director of Infrastructure
• Validates network and security builds and models before production deployment
• Responsible to maintaining industry standards through quality control.
• Performs security monitoring and remediation activities across the network taking a proactive approach
• Participation in AHF Meetings/Committees
• IT Department Meetings, Security compliance meetings
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; and 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. CCNA required, CCNP/CCSP preferred, CISSP a plus.
Computer/Software Skills & Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of network troubleshooting utilities and software packages; Contact Management systems; Problem Ticketing Systems; Internet Software; Microsoft Office productivity software.
Specific knowledge requirements include (but not limited to):
• Cisco Nexus switching and fabric extension products with experience integrating with the UCS platform (preferred)
• Virtual transport technologies, such as MPLS, EVPL, VxLAN, OAM, OTV, IPSec
• UDP/TCP protocols such as SSH, FTP, NFS, HTTP, SSL, DNS, SNMP, DHCP and others
• IP facilities, such as NAT, LDAP, RADIUS, NIC teaming
• VPN technologies, such as IPSec and SSL VPNs
• Infrastructure Security and Hardening for HIPAA and PCI compliance
• Experience with Data Center environments that include Server virtualization technologies, such as VMWare, KVM, etc. and SAN technologies like Fiber Channel and iSCSI
• Fortinet firewall, IPS, threat detection products
• Advanced knowledge of Cisco Infrastructure Equipment including ASA appliances and Cisco IOS configuration/administration.
• Advanced level knowledge of LAN/WAN technology.
• Knowledge of Citrix XenApp 6 or Higher
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Basic Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent to draw and interpret bar graphs.
High Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Skills & Abilities/Qualifications
• MSCE for Windows 2003/2008/XP strongly preferred.
• Experience with Citrix XenApp 4.5 or higher preferred.
• Minimum of two years experience administrating Windows Based Platform Network.
• Must be able to travel 40-50% of the time.