Skill: Job description:
Web application Engineer - Need experience in PSE (PlayStation Eye)- a digital camera device for the PlayStation 3) gaming -Amazon Web Services (managed services) expert (3-4 years experience in AWS) -Key Skills: RDS, S3, Autoscale, Cloudwatch, Scaling -Sr. Level person - Project: AWS, Optimization, Migration - will ask basic of Python & PHP to see if he/she has developer type of attitude and is well rounded. -Contract to hire-> 4 month conversion
Roles and Responsibilities
Partner with Platform tech leads and Studios CTOs in sharing best practices in game technologies and help in proliferation of innovative tech (new storage and provisioning solution) to games and services. Partner with Platform tech leads and Studios CTOs in successful launch and scale up of new games and services. Support games and services throughout their lifecycle (Architecture Review till sunset). Proactively identify Studio/Platform pain points and research potential open source solutions or design new solutions and guide team in implementation. Hire and Mentor new engineers and level up senior engineers. Be the GoTo guy for all technical problems and guide engineers in coming up with innovative new solutions
• 5+ years experience of supporting large-scale web applications on modern platforms (Nginx, Apache, Ruby, Passenger, Tomcat, etc)
• Proficiency in developing and deploying fully automated game environments using Chef (preferred), Ansible or Puppet
• Proficiency in at least two of these scripting languages - PHP, Python and Ruby
• Solid Experience with AWS managed services - Code Deploy, RDS, Elasticache, Lambda, SNS
• Experience in systems and network monitoring and performance analysis using Nagios, Cacti, Munin, Graphite or others.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.