Job TITLE: Embedded Data Plane And Kernel Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA
Term: Contract to Hire
• Design low-level operating software for Chip devices.
• Assist in reviewing and identifying opportunities to improve on current operating-system and firmware.
• Participate in open source software development efforts, and industry forums.
• Help maintain current and future software products and documentation
• Contribute expertise in support of customers product development
Experience: • Must have at least 10 years of experience of embedded software development, with an emphasis on low-level software and data communications.
• Embedded-system or kernel-space programming in C and assembly.
• Knowledge of processor architecture and performance optimization.
• Ability to develop very clean and easily readable program code, with high attention to details.
• Data networking and telecommunications equipment development experience.
• Experience programming with RTOS and/or bare-metal environment.
• Experience developing device drivers and kernel modules in Unix/Linux.
• Expert command of data structure, lock-less algorithms.
• Software-defined networks, data-plane programming.
• Network security and scaling, including carrier-grade requirements.
• Open source contribution track record.
• Ability to learn quick and independently.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.