Skill: Job description:
Experienced Front-end Software Engineer to join the Commerce Platform team. The engineer will be responsible to complex Web applications using HTML5, CSS3, and /Java Script. The successful candidate will be comfortable gathering requirements, performing design work and coding to a general guideline. They need to be able to evaluate different approaches and be able to pick the necessary libraries to build the functions based on the spec.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with other teams members to understand customer requirements and come up with meaningful solutions.
• Lead requirements gathering, UML or Use Case modeling, analysis and design activities.
• Develop detailed design specifications including interface to backend server and service modules.
• Present and evaluate design solutions objectively and facilitate conflict resolution.
• Participate in meetings & reviews with customers and team members.
• HTML5, CSS3, Ajax
• Knowledge of JSON.
• Experience with RESTful API design and constructing REST clients.
• Agile development (Scrum)
• Web application security principles; common attacks and prevention
• Experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems
• Expertise in Web Application development.
• Mastery of MVC frameworks (Angular.JS, Node.js, Backbone.js, Ember.js, etc.).
• Working knowledge of LESS or SASS.
• Familiarity with Twitter Bootstrap or equivalents like Zurb Foundation or SproutCore.
• Working Knowledge of RESTful API design, DOM API, AJAX programming, JSON, and XML.
• Solid knowledge of Object-oriented design principles and design patterns.
• Experience with test-driven development and continuous integration environments.
• Experience in in one or more of the following technologies; JUnit, Jenkins, Bamboo, Clover, Grunt, Bower, RequireJS.
• Strong knowledge of programming / systems analysis, as well as quality assurance, and integration functions
• Very good exposure or experience with dynamic Web development using Ruby on Rails, django, PHP, JSP, or equivalent.
• Very good exposure to Web Services.
Experience: • Minimum of 5 years experience with Linux operating system.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Candidate must have an extremely high level of energy, drive, and creativity to solve complex business problems; possess strong leadership capabilities.
• Have a high tolerance for ambiguity and an ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, customer centric and sales focused entrepreneurial environment.