Skill: Job description:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the close and consolidation process of over 100 Verifone entities
• Automate existing process to improve efficiency of the consolidations process
• Manage the close calendars across the various groups within corporate and local finance and accounting team
• Consolidate the G/L and other subledger modules using Oracle 11i.
o Preform analytical reviews, reconciliations review, and issuance of financial reports.
o Resolve any currencies in accordance with ASC830.
o Review the monthly financial statements and flux reports submitted by subsidiaries for completeness, accuracy and compliance with Global Policies and US GAAP.
o Working with the respective teams to investigate and resolve material variances/fluctuations on the consolidated balance sheet and cash flow statements, and provide related explanations to management.
o Assist with the Integration into the monthly close process as well as to Oracle for all acquisitions, including providing process and system training to the respective finance teams.
o Provide technical accounting and system support to the regions
o Prepare worldwide schedules for the auditors and for SEC reporting.
o Maintains records of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions for books kept at corporate level.
o Perform monthly reconciliation of intercompany accounts.
o Knowledge of Business Objects reporting preferred
o Works closely with personnel in other departments and countries to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures, internal control and SOX
o Insures compliance with all internal control policies and procedures and implement control improvements based upon changing business conditions.
o Check and maintain compliance with SOX requirements and ensure that all documentation procedures are followed.
o Assist with review of corporate financial statements package, performing detailed reviews of assigned areas of reporting.
o Work closely with Tax, Treasury, Supply Chain, and other departments and lead any efforts where coordination of world-wide entries is needed.
• Knowledge & Experience
• Candidates considered for hire must pass verification of employment/reference screening, criminal. And, background check. For certain positions, a credit check is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with a CPA/MBA preferred.
• Minimum of 5+ years of accounting/finance experience.
• Minimum of 3 years experience managing others.
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
• Experience in and strong understanding of Consolidations and ASC 830.
• Experience with Oracle 11i required and R12 is highly preferred.
Skills & Ability
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Excellent time management skills, communication, decision making, and organizational skills.
• Ability to analyze and resolve moderately complex problems.
• Ability to work in a cross functional environment.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office tools.
• Excellent knowledge of spreadsheets.
• Familiarity with accounting terminology and procedures.
• Excellent data review and processing skills.