Skill: Teradata Viewpoint, SCANDISK, PACKDISK, CHECKTABLE, Teradata System Emulation Tool (TSET), FastLoad, MultiLoad, Teradata Parallel Transporter, ARCMAIN, TARA, NetBackup, Database Query Logging (DBQL) and Performance Data Collection and Reporting (PDCR).
Experience: 6+ years of experience working with databases in a 24x7 Environment or related experience.
Education: Must have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
Effectively setup, maintain, troubleshoot and operate the Teradata platform and database environment. Evaluate new implementations of Teradata and advise on how those environments can run more efficiently and effectively through the use of Teradata operational best practices. Implement, configure, and troubleshoot database instances, replication, backup, partitions, storage, and access. Set user privileges within the database environment.
Install, parameterize, implement and operate all Teradata tools and utilities. Evaluate and characterize workload and query performance, and utilize specialized Teradata tools such as Teradata Viewpoint, SCANDISK, PACKDISK, CHECKTABLE, Teradata System Emulation Tool (TSET), FastLoad, MultiLoad, Teradata Parallel Transporter, ARCMAIN, TARA, NetBackup, Database Query Logging (DBQL) and Performance Data Collection and Reporting (PDCR).
Monitor and optimize system performance using index tuning, disk optimization, and other methods. Install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain a database system.
• Must have experience with Database running on Solaris/Linux
• Proficiency in one or more scripting languages including Perl, Python, Shell
• Supporting Production and Development environment and responsible for entire Teradata related DBA activities
• Setup the database hierarchy that includes database creation and management of objects such as Roles, Profiles, Tables, Views, etc.
• Supporting ETL Production, Backup and Recovery using ARCMAIN, TARA GUI and NetBackup
• Expertise in Cassandra administration in a production environment for at least 3 years
• Closely monitor the performance of various work groups on the system using Teradata View Point
• Must have hands-on SQL/noSQL experience from evaluation of new frameworks to deployment, maintenance, and performance tuning of clusters with at least 2 digit size
• Installing and upgrading database applications by applying patches and upgrades on a regular schedule. Give tuning recommendations as required and implement Teradata best practices across multiple applications as per business requirement.
• Must have strong knowledge of PL/SQL and experience assisting developers with writing SQL and PL/SQL Code.
• Strong SQL tuning experience
• Strong experience with backup and recovery processes using RMAN and Comvault
• Excellent knowledge of database high availability solutions like Data Guard, RAC, Physical and logical standby databases, streams and Golden Gate replication.
• Knowledge of Database performance analysis and tuning is must. Analytical/Interpersonal Skills:
• Solid communication skills.
• Must be able to exchange information with all levels of internal and external customers.
• Sets priorities, based on workload, using past experiences as a guideline.
• Can lead projects trough complex tasks.
• Must have good collaboration skills.