Skill: Cassandra, NoSQL, Linux, Open Source, Scripting
Experience: 7+ Years
The successful candidate must have deep technical expertise working with Cassandra and other NoSQL technologies. In this role you will be expected to lead initiatives at a technical level laying strategic direction for Cassandra NoSQL platforms.
- Demonstrated expertise in Cassandra and NoSQL platforms
- Deep expertise in Linux and Open Source based environments.
- Hands on Scripting, Database and Systems Skills.
- Has managed the full operational lifecycle of Cassandra databases including
- Sizing, technology selection, deployment, monitoring & decommissioning.
- Has conducted deep performance investigation & tuning for Cassandra
- Has setup distributed database systems with varying degrees of consistency?
- Great communication, inter-personal and problem solving skills are a must.
- 7 years expertise in Cassandra.
- 7 years expertise in Cassandra application modelling.
- 7 years expertise in Linux System performance tuning.
- 7 years Expertise in Shell Scripting, preferably Python.
- 7 years experience in scaling and performance management of highly busy
- Cassandra Clusters.
- Be adept in traditional technologies such as Oracle & MySQL.
- Be fluent in Bash and Perl script development.
- Be knowledgeable in Open Source technologies such as NoSQL, Kafka, Storm
- and the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Be comfortable with revision controls, change management and ticketing
- Be expereienced in the use of JIRA/Agile methodologies and using CMS/wiki