Education: The ideal candidate will have experience in the high paced energy of start-ups as well as in the structured world of larger companies. This Staff Engineer will need to have very strong Micro-services, REST APIs, and Messaging techniques. Having worked with some Big Data and NoSQL is a plus. Other skills needed for this position are Nodes JS, Backbone, JQuery and Handlebar templates. (Public Cloud work is a strong plus related to Micro-services) Code quality using practices like TDD, DevOps a strong plus, Chef or Puppet (Full Stack is useful) experience with PAAS a plus.
The successful applicant will work closely with Business Analysts, Technical Leads, Software Engineers, Operations, and Quality Assurance Engineers in a highly collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions, while providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time. There will also be interaction with offshore teams.
• JEE/Java code
• Work in a full Agile collaborative environment - including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
• Work with senior developers, tech leads, software architects and quality assurance engineers to resolve development roadblocks.
• Work with distributed teams across various time zones.
• Hands-on system design and development.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Education/Experience: BA/BS Degree required.
• 8+ years of full life cycle J2EE hands-on experience designing and developing large scale web applications on high traffic Internet site(s).
• Experience working with multi-threaded programming in high performance, distributed environments.
• Experience with object oriented principals and represent with diagrams.
• Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.