Skill: Gather business requirements for systems solutions by:
• Interviewing internal clients in business departments
• Reviewing business documents, contracts, regulations, and reports,
• Surveying problem reports and enhancement requests
• Hands-on analysis of existing systems functions and data
• Analyze, synthesize, and document business requirements as specifications for software engineers and DBAs.
• Research and diagnose reported issues with data and applications, using query and reporting tools as needed.
• Work with clients and IT QA staff to develop and execute user acceptance test plans; work with software engineers and DBAs to diagnose, correct, and retest problems.
• Define and develop ad hoc reports using system data sources and query/reporting tools such as MS-SQL, MS-ACCESS and Crystal Reports, both for delivery to clients and for use in analysis and testing
• Assist in training and support for business clients using our applications.