Monitor and optimize system performance using index tuning, disk optimization, and other methods. Install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain a database system. Implement, configure, and troubleshoot database instances, replication, backup, partitions, storage, and access. Set user privileges within the database environment. Typically requires 5-7 years of experience and a Bachelor's Degree.
Additional Job Details
Minimum education and experience required:
• Must have a Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field and 10 years of experience working with databases in a 24x7 Environment or related experience.
• Skills required: Must have experience with Database running on Solaris/Linux
• Proficiency in one or more scripting languages including Perl, Python, Shell
• Expertise in Cassandra administration in a production environment for at least 3 years
• Must have hands-on SQL/noSQL experience from evaluation of new frameworks to deployment, maintenance, and performance tuning of clusters with at least 2 digit size
• Proficient with Hadoop and/or Spark is a big plus
• Solid understanding of NoSQL landscape , internals of NoSQL frameworks (like working of Java Virtual Machines, etc.), and knowledge of available frameworks
• Strong knowledge of how NoSQL technologies interact and complement each other but also their limits
• Must have strong knowledge of PL/SQL and experience assisting developers with writing SQL and PL/SQL Code
• Strong SQL tuning experience
• Strong experience with backup and recovery processes using RMAN and Comvault
• Excellent knowledge of database high availability solutions like Data Guard, RAC, Physical and logical standby databases, streams and Golden Gate replication.
• Knowledge of Database performance analysis and tuning is must. Analytical/Interpersonal Skills:
• Solid communication skills.
• Must be able to exchange information with all levels of internal and external customers.
• Sets priorities, based on workload, using past experiences as a guideline.
• Can lead projects trough complex tasks.
• Must have good collaboration skills.