• Bachelor's Degree and 4 yrs. of experience; OR Master’s Degree with 2 yrs. of experience in Computer Science or related field
• 4 years of experience building scalable eCommerce applications or mobile software
• Work with Java and other related technologies to design and develop robust high-performance and scalable applications for use within the Client's product ecosystem
• Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions across all environments
• Utilize industry research to improve Wal-Mart’s technology environment.
• Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, databases, operating systems, etc.
• Strong DB skills are a must, should be very strong with SQL queries
• Experience with Linux systems programming
• 1 or more year(s) experience with SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), RESTful web services
• A self-motivated learner and builder with strong customer focus and obsession with quality
• Knowledge of standard tools for optimizing and testing code is a plus
If you’re inspired by the opportunity to solve complex problems at scale and make a difference for our customers and members, please join our team.
Additional Job Details
The candidate will be focusing on projects based on node.js to build API’s working for the super high growth grocery business. Scalability will be a major area of focus, along with building out a microservices based architecture to replace old legacy code and building processes and automation to also enable scale in deployments, testing, monitoring, etc. We also work on projects to enhance the customer experience that are core to client’s strategy. You will be working on a team with maintainers of Hapi that have a strong commitment to open source.