Skill: Monitor and optimize system performance using index tuning, disk optimization, and other methods.
Install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain a database system. Implement, configure, and troubleshoot database instances, replication, backup, partitions, storage, and access.
Set user privileges within the database environment.
Experience: Your Responsibility
• Build and support mission critical databases
• Work closely with the application engineering team to model and build databases
• End to end responsibility to engineer, build and maintain databases
• Mentor peers and other engineers across the division in DB engineering best practices
• Consult with engineering stakeholders regarding data insights
• Do PoC on new technologies/features that will enhance DB scalability, availability and performance
• Liaise with other technology counterparts including storage, network for a comprehensive solution to build a scalable DB infrastructure.
Our Ideal Candidate A technical strong and high performing individual with excellent communication skills with strong customer focus and appetite to learn and deliver.
Education: Your Qualifications
• Bachelor's with ? 6 years of relevant experience
• Unix troubleshooting commands. Shell/awk/perl - one of these is mandatory
• Complete understanding of Oracle database architecture
• Experienced at performing all routine DBA activities including install, upgrade, patching and database management.
• Database migration using EXPDP,IMPDP, DB backup using RMAN
• Should have done 2-5 RAC setup • Should have done 2-5 DR setup using Data Guard
• Should have performance troubleshooting skill, AWR report generation and detailed analysis
• High level of confidence to perform DB switch overs, failovers, recovery
• Should know to monitor database for performance bottlenecks
• Operational experience in Golden Gate
• Must have working experience in MySQL and NoSQL databases like Cassandra
• Must have experience setting up Golden Gat