Skill: This position is responsible for the operation of a department. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or necessary.
Manages the development and execution of cross-functional projects (for example, systems, reporting, analytics) and analytics initiatives for Compliance Departments by partnering with business stakeholders (for example, Information Systems Division, Merchandising) to determine needed capabilities to support global business strategies; evaluating existing systems capabilities and identifying strategic gaps; determining systems solutions that are sustainable; developing project plans based on business needs; ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations (for example, confidentiality, compliance reporting requirements); working with project stakeholders to ensure alignment on project strategy and results; driving projects to completion; and presenting results to leadership. Analyzes and interprets information to improve business efficiency and effectiveness by identifying industry data trends (for example, reputational metrics, seller scorecard indicators) and benchmarks; identifying critical factors influencing compliance; analyzing data to identify trends, patterns, insights, and discrepancies in data; ensuring data accuracy; synthesizing compliance data in support of strategic business objectives; translating results into actionable insights; and providing recommendations on information gathered to develop compliance action plans. Provides industry insights to key stakeholders based on research gathered and industry knowledge by collaborating with business partners on current and future compliance Department initiatives and strategies; communicating compliance data insights and global trends affecting the business; designing, coordinating, and implementing new reporting, analysis, and data-management solutions; providing guidance and advising on next steps based on insights objectives and research; proposing improvements for strategic and tactical initiatives (for example, driving experience scores, increasing reputation measures); and promoting the application of insights to support departmental and leadership decisions and goals.
Experience: The Trust & Safety (T&S) Group within the company's Global Ecommerce is responsible for defining, enforcing and promoting policies, programs and products to ensure safe transactions and create trust perception across our marketplace businesses. Core Functions include:
- Design and build reports, scorecards and dashboards to support all Compliance functions
- Generate insights, trends and actionable recommendations, leading to implementation of initiatives and projects across Compliance
- Create presentations and share effectively data and insights to key stakeholders, including Compliance and Executive leadership team
- Ability to build relationships and work cross functionally within partners teams (including Business Intelligence, Customer Care, Customer Experience, Business Units)
Education: - Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in analytics, systems, information technology (IT), data management, IT based project management.
- 3 years’ experience with statistical programming languages (for example, SAS).
- 3 years’ experience with SQL and relational databases (for example, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server).
- 2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification. Certificate in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysis preferred.
- Prior eCommerce experience is a strong plus
Is required to split time between San Bruno and Sunnyvale. Experience with Python is desired.