Skill: • Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 2 years experience developing using J2EE technologies such as Servlet/JSP/Filters, JNDI, JDBC, JMS, JMX, RMI, Java Web Services, etc.
• 2 years experience with Eclipse or other IDE development tools
• 1 year experience developing with web/app containers such as Web Logic, Web Sphere, Apache/Tomcat, Jboss etc.
• 2 years experience developing using relational databases such as Oracle or MySQL
Experience: • Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
• Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects
• Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
• Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
• Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
• Provides support to the business
• Troubleshoots business and production issues
Education: • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years of experience building scalable ecommerce applications or mobile software.
• 3+ years of experience with building scalable, high performing and robust Java applications
• Experience with big data methodologies involving Hive/Hadoop/ Spark;
• Experience with Hadoop workflow management using Azkaban, Oozie, Hamake or Cascading
• Hadoop stream processing using Storm
• Experience with no-sql technologies like Cassandra, couchbase, Flume or Hbase.
• Advanced scripting skills in at least one of the following: Python, Perl or Shell and willingness to learn new technologies
• Experience with Eclipse or other IDE development tools
• Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (i.e. Jenkins, Hudson, Maven)
• Experience with Code Quality Governance related tools (Sonar, Gerrit, PMD, FindBugs, Checkstyle, Emma, Cobertura, JIRA, etc)
• Experience with Source Code Management Tools (GitHUB, SVN, CVS, Clearcase)