Skill: - Build scalable, high- performance, and efficient pipelines and workflows that are capable of processing billions of transactions and real-time customer activities.
- Work with big data and provide to our data scientists the right tools, data marts and rollups to build their machine learning models.
- Fluent in Pig and/or Hive with experience in building UDFs, Pig and Hadoop streaming.
- Build automated reports that can help the team to proactively identify quality and/or coverage problems in releases or new versions of our models.
- Apply knowledge of Azkaban, Oozie or Hamake for workflow management and job scheduling.
- Provide senior leadership and demonstrable, programming expertise and proficiency in Java, C/C++, or Python.
- Work on Data Warehousing architecture and data modeling best practices.
Experience: We are seeking for an accomplished, enthusiastic Senior Big Data Software Engineer to join the Walmart eCommerce team. This exciting position involves many key engineering challenges as we deal with huge data sets (Billions of Transactions, Petabytes of data) to impact real-time customer activities.
- Must have demonstrable, programming proficiency in one or more of the following: Java, C/C++, or Python.
- Deep understanding of Map Reduce framework & Hadoop.
- Fluent in Pig and/or Hive with experience in building UDFs, strong scripting ability.
- Proven expertise and understanding of ETL techniques.
- Knowledge of Azkaban, Oozie or Hamake for workflow management and job scheduling.
- Must be team oriented and collaborative to interact with both managers and cross functional teams.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment on multiple projects in various phases and under tight deadlines
Education: Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field plus 7-10 years of software engineering experience at a senior level; OR a Master’s degree or higher with 5-7 years of senior software engineering experience.