Skill: The Software Solutions Engineering (SSE) Team is looking for a seasoned software engineer to help drive the development of our enterprise search and analytics infrastructure. Search is a critical tool that allows our employees to find content and solutions internally within company. As a large user of search, we have millions of documents across multiple clusters and data centers. You’ll be responsible for working to enhance every aspect of our search, with a particular focus on relevancy, personalization, real-time index updating, scalability and reliability. You will also get an opportunity to work and build on advanced analytics platforms that monitor and measure the usage of our applications.
• Developing tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor large-scale analytics, infrastructure and related services.
• Ability to learn and integrate the search and analytics platform with third party applications including but not limited to: Okta, Salesforce, Jira and Google Apps
• A successful candidate would have a good understanding of system architecture to find and fix performance and reliability issues across APIs and tools.
• Work with product management on improving the design of our internal SearchIn product
• Solid understanding of the importance of good design as well as the importance of promptly fixing bugs
• Ability to communicate with product managers and business users to understand their input on designing new features that are technically achievable.
Experience: • 5+ years of experience developing enterprise scalable Java applications
• Expertise using Spring MVC framework. Play/Any MVC framework would be acceptable but Spring is highly desired
• Must have strong understanding and practical hands on experience building RESTful APIs
• 5+ years of experience working with relational databases: MySQL preferred
• UNIX/Linux systems knowledge
• Ability to work a fast paced environment and have a solid background working in an Agile/Scrum environment
• Excellent communication skills
Education: • Any experience developing OOP Python web applications
• Any Experience building on one of the following Search and Analytics platforms: Solr, Lucene, GSA or ElasticSearch
• Experience with the Google Search Appliance and building connectors for the GSA
• Experience with NoSQL databases, especially working with Hadoop
• Candidates that have experience working in a systems engineering
• BS, MS.in Computer Science or related discipline