Skill: You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You have experience managing large websites or services within the context of a large scale web environment. You are able to execute and deliver projects in a high pressure environment, without sacrificing quality. You are able to show personal initiative in identifying what needs to be done. You enjoy and want to automate everything so that you can sit back and relax! Google search is your best friend and open source repos are your frequent stops.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Participating as a member of the Site Operations team responsible for management and operation of various platforms in San Jose.
• Building and scaling sites which provides 99.95% SLA. Identifying SPOF (Single Point of Failure) in the platform, addressing them.
• Building of automation tools/processes using multiple scripting languages.
• Working with the development teams in San Jose to guide architecture decisions based on intimate knowledge of the infrastructure.
• Ensuring 2nd and 3rd line support for production environment, including on-call
• Supportingdelivery of changes and deployments to production, QA and development environments.
• Building, maintaining, securing and upgrading our Linux systems (web servers, application servers & databases)
• Assessing systems utilization to assist in troubleshooting, performance tuning and capacity management.
Experience: • 5+ years of hands-on experience in High-Volume Databases (MySQL), Systems (LINUX) and Networking technologies
• Fluent with monitoring systems such as Nagios/Graphite, etc.
• Excellent LINUX administration (Debian/Ubuntu) and Database (MySQL and NoSQL) skills
• Install, configure, performance tune applications with Java, Tomcat.
• Strong hands on experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
• Experience with source control tools like git.
• Strong understanding of networking fundamentals such as subnetting/VLANs, networking (5 or 7 layer OSI model), and DNS, HTTP, TCP/IP protocols.
• Scripting ability with BASH.
• Write, maintain and help enforce coding standards and best practices.
• Flexible, strongly adaptable, and able to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to peers and management.
Education: • 5+ years of hands-on experience in High-Volume Databases (MySQL), Systems (LINUX) and Networking technologies
• Excellent LINUX administration and Database (MySQL) skills
• Hands on Java and Apache optimization, performance tuning and configuration
• Understanding of DNS, NFS, TCP/IP and other protocols