Skill: This position will be responsible for design and implementation of various application system components in a massively scalable, high performance eCommerce platform. The candidate will be working together with the Architects, Engineering Managers, Business and Product management teams.
• Provide definition, oversight and the coordination of the application architectural strategy roadmap and implementation.
• Takes initiative in solving complex technical problems in areas that may be outside current technical expertise and coming up with original solutions and design approaches to new project requirements and make decisions between competing solutions
• Ensures solution conforms to all security standards and other non-functional requirements.
• Own the core development team and deliverables: technical architecture, logical and physical design of the solution, coding, testing and debugging
• Own the relationships with the business users / Program Management, Project Management, QE, Performance Testing, Operations & CI
• Work in a full Agile collaborative environment - including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
• Collaborate with Business Analysts and PMs to estimate and plan work, provide status updates to stakeholders and executives.
• Create a close working relationship with the business to identify the pain points and provide better services.
• Work with senior developers, software architects and quality assurance engineers to resolve development roadblocks.
• Work with distributed teams across various time zones, mentor the developers, hands on system design and development as needed
• Takes ownership of escalated issues, report critical issues to management effectively, timely and with clarity.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Experience: • 4+ years as a technical lead in a web environment.
• 9+ years full life cycle development experience of J2EE (Spring, Hibernate, Servlets, EJBs, JPA, JTA, ThreadPool, I/O) or UI projects
• 5+ years experience with SOA, Java Web Services, JAXRs, JAXB, XML, JMS and Messaging techniques.
• 4+ years Agile experienced.
Education: • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 9 years experience or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 7 years experience.
• Passionate advocate of TDD practices a strong plus.
• An Object Oriented philosopher with experience understanding and applying OO & Enterprise design patterns.
• Experience working with and tuning high volume web applications a strong plus.
• Experience with UML diagramming is required.
• Strong estimating and planning skills.
• Ability to clearly write technical specifications.
• Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
• Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality, and within budget.
• Ability to deliver full life cycle engagements.
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment.